Thursday, November 20, 2008

I am here...Finally!

Quick post, the internet is not working so well.

I arrived in Zambia yesterday, after a very long, very uncomfortable (my butt was asleep the whole time) 26 hour flight. Getting off the plane, I was pretty much delirious, but after a few minutes it hit me that I was finally here! It felt so good to be in the city that I fell in love with last year.

After a smooth transition off the plane (no baggage or visa issues), my friend picked me up and we headed to the Waterfront, which is my happy place here. We sat by the river, had a couple of Mosis
saw some monkeys (pics to come) and just caught up. Later that night, we had a barbeque and I got to hang out with some more friends. My night didn't last very long considering I had only gotten 2 hours of sleep on the plane.

All in all, it was an awesome first day. The only complaint...the spiders!! Due to the down pour of rain, I now have to worry about giant spiders (turanchela size) coming into the house. I was extremely paranoid last night, and so I fell asleep with the covers tucked in all around my head.

I move in to the African Impact house today, start induction tomorrow, and volunteering Monday. I cant wait to start!nSo expect more exciting stories to come...

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm so pysched for you. And I'm happy you're happy. And I'm scared of the spiders. And I'm sad you're not here. I'm feeling so many emotions right now!

Unknown said...

I want pictures. I wish I could snap my fingers and be there but the 24 hour plane ride is very discouraging